Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Summer Lovin...Summer Learnin

Today, we started our summer learning activities.  I told myself I was doing this because of the alarming "studies" I've read that say that students can lose two months of grade-level equivalency over a summer break -- in math skills alone.  Yikes!  I told myself I was doing this because structure and routine is good for kids.

And today, I realized that I was doing this for my own sanity. Apparently, I  am the one who needs structure and routine or else I risk losing two months of summer bliss.

Although toddlers and first graders are not my forte -- especially my own toddler and first grader, I decided to implement a summer schedule and some summer learning activities.

These activities are nothing fancy, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  And if you need your own sanity saver activity one day this summer, I am going to be sharing -- the good, the bad, and the ugly -- because sharing is caring.  I also like to share chocolate -- other people's chocolate, of course.


Here are our schedules:  




Disclaimer:  I use the term "schedule" loosely.  I am cool if we stray from it; however, I have found that in my home, without a game plan -- aka a schedule -- it is way tooo easy to waste an entire day without even realizing it.

2 comments:

  1. Great plans. I am the exact same way. I just lose valuable time if I don't plan my day.

    ReplyDelete